There is this problem I have with relaxing into that even moderate celebration mode about pretty much anything. That problem is that you just never know...
I see this in entertainment all the time. On my favorite escapes (AKA the other worlds brought to me by the magic box of joy involving things like zombies, spies, Vikings, pirates and outlaws...). I say to these dumbass guys - stop being cocky cause the shit is gonna rain down at any moment dude! And, it always does. So, I guess in my case life really is like the movies...and that's not even funny.
I'm only updating my diary today for purposes of not leaving it on the incorrect note. So, the appraisal on my farm was rejected by the bank. Apparently I am the lucky person who's would-be property got a lazy appraiser removed from the approved list of professionals at this particular lending institution. But, only after the equally lazy loan officer let the unfinished appraisal linger for a full month before deciding to request assistance from her "team" (that is the term they use for the group of dipshits that sit in rooms bean-counting other people's lives these days and it consists of processors, underwriters, etc.). So, after another full week of back and forth bullshit they declared the appraisal "unacceptable" due to "too much liberal use of comps" and "shoddy and lazy work". Now, a "review team" appraisal has been ordered and a "mega rush" put on it, meaning someone else has to appraise it, turn in another opinion to the same "review team" and let them do their nit-picking all over again. We will most likely not hear anything for another three weeks, putting us very close to what we hoped would be our closing date.
On the selling end of things, my house also did not appraise. But, at least the actual appraisal was accepted - for $4000 LESS than our agreed upon amount. So, I have had little choice but to drop the agreed upon price and eat 4k. This is super fucking irritating to me given all of the work (and money) I've put into it in the past year and a half. But, given the next fact that the farm may not appraise out either and we'll be looking at another battle with the seller on that end, I don't feel like being the dick in this situation would be advised. The house appraised for X amount, drop it and move the eff on.
It has not been a good couple of weeks all in all. Add to these things the fact that the closing for my current house is on the 27th and the closing for the farm was to be the 29th. Our whole reasoning for trying to wrap things up early at the farm was that we were going to request an earlier closing date to spare me the major turmoil of not having a place for me, my stuff and three animals for a week. So much for that plan.
So, I've scheduled movers for Monday the 25th. I have no idea where they are even taking all this shit. Plus, I have to call my vet and see if I can board cats for a week. This will be extremely stressful Obi, as well as the clinic staff and I feel horrible about it. And that is IF the farm is even still a viable option by that time. If it doesn't appraise the second time, the owner could walk away, or say I need to make up the difference out of pocket, which I cannot afford (and won't) do.
This is why I always say - don't even crack a smile until you are sitting in some attorney's office, the papers are signed, checks have been exchanged and they slide a key across the table to you. Then at that point, head for the door and run as fast as you can away from the fucked up world of buying and selling homes.